Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Good Guys 2014




This past weekend was the Good Guys car show at the Iowa State Fair grounds.  The kids and I went up Friday morning with my parents and enjoyed a beautiful day outside!  It was very busy since it was the 4th.  Lots of cars and people.  Jeremy came up after supper and we squished 7 people in my parent's fold down camper.  Saturday morning it rained quite a while.  It finally let up and we got ready for the day.  My dad was already down at the car show with the 38 and the rest of us drove down in the nash.  It ended up being a beautiful day again.  We went to Hilltop for supper and then back to the car show for the fireworks.  We listened to the band before the fireworks show and took our annual picture.  All of the chairs were taken so we had to take it standing up this year.  It was getting a little chilly so I made all the kids put on pants - that is pretty unusual for this car show, typically we are all sweating!  Sunday was my birthday.  After breakfast at McDonalds we got the camper packed up.  My dad and Hayden stayed for the car show til lunch while Jeremy, Nile, and Aubrey drove the nash home with Dallas.  My mom and I went shopping for a little while.  I had a few things to return/exchange and a few things to get.  We were able to get things done a lot faster since we didn't have the kiddos in tow!  My birthday ended with a terrible headache and a vow to never eat iceberg lettuce again!  All in all we had a fun weekend and are looking forward to our car show in Pella this weekend!  Please pray for no rain Friday night and Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment