Tuesday, April 7, 2009

NKOTB







So my friend Alecia calls me at noon yesterday about going to the New Kids On The Block concert in DSM that night. After considering the idea for a little while I decided it sounded like a lot of fun and just need to check with Jeremy once he was off work at 4. He didnt care so we headed to DSM around 5:30 and had dinner at Legends. We had a great time talking and having a few drinks and then headed to the concert. I was not really sure what to expect because I have honestly only been to two "real" concerts in my life - Amy Grant at Hilton when I was like 14 and REO Speedwagon at the fair when I was 20. We bought the tickets online before we left Pella and we had AWESOME seats. We were row 15 Center! Once the opening act was done we headed to the concourse to get some drinks. I actually ran into another friend I hadnt seen in forever so that was fun. It took a while for NKOTB to get set up and start but if was well worth the wait. I just wish I had downloaded some more of their songs earlier in the day so I knew a few more of them. I was a little on the young side the first time around but I was still a big fan. I remember having a poster and the day I got it was one of the happiest days of my life - at the time. Alecia and I had a total blast and if was definetley worth our time. For Cover Girl Donnie even wore an IA Hawkeyes shirt!! Had to take a few pics of that for my husband! Maybe someday they will come back and do the fair - if so we will for sure be getting tickets!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment