Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Domestic bliss

So lately I have been going on some "domestic" kicks and trying to make a lot of things we buy regularly at home instead.  I am sure all of you love pintrest as much as I do.  So far I have made the powdered laundry soap, liquid fabric softener, dishwasher detergent, and my newest addition is homemade yogurt in the crock pot.  My kids - and hubby - all love yogurt so I thought I would give this a try and see how we liked it.  I made it last Thursday and it is just about gone so i guess that means success!  Especially since we were gone a lot last weekend.  It was super easy and cheap!  I have heard some people talk about having to buy a started kit for the yogurt but the recipe that I had just called for a small container of plain vanilla yogurt for the starter so this was easy and only $.40.  I am hoping to find some ideas for adding more flavoring to the yogurt since that is what my hubby likes and the kids enjoy it too.  I would also like to make some good homemade granola to throw in too for a little crunch.
I have a blog with several restaurant and well known brands recipes pinned as well and cant wait to try some of them here soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment