Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer happenings

Well it has been a long hot summer so far and the grass looks and feels like straw.  We have had fun trying to stay cool though.  We generally try to make it to the aquatic center here in town about two times a week.  It was super hot at both the car shows we have gone too but luckily we have a little mister water bottle to cool down and generally could find some shade.  We typically try to play outside a little in the mornings if it is cool enough and then hang out inside the rest of the day. 
I feel bad for poor Jeremy working in the factory in this horrible heat.  He is a trooper that is for sure! 
In a few weeks we will be going to my cousin's wedding up in Cedar Rapids and heading up there early to meet some old friends from tailgating for lunch.  Hopefully the kids are well behaved. ;-) Then after church that following Sunday we are heading up to the Ramada in DSM to stay the night and enjoy the indoor water park - thank you Groupon! 
It is hard to believe that in just over a month I will have two kids in school full time!  Nile is so excited to start he can hardly stand it!  Hayden is happy to be moving to a school that has AC! 
My summer classes have been going well.  I finished up my Abnormal Psych class at Iowa last week - two weeks ahead of schedule!  Just waiting for the grade on my final exam and overall grade for the course.  Lots of reading and it was all very interesting.  Hopefully I manage to retain some of it long term!  My Human Bio class and lab through NICC has about 3 weeks left and it is and instructor paced course so we cant really work ahead.  It has been an interesting course but I am looking forward to it being done and moving on to my fall classes after a two week break!  This fall I am taking Parent - Child Relationships and Counseling for Related Professions both at Iowa.  I already have all the required books and am just waiting for the syllabus for each.  It is crazy to think that I have been taking classes for 4 semesters already!  Everyone is always asking when I will be done and I really don't have an answer for that.  It just depends on how many classes I take at a time and I still have to take my foreign language requirements.  Right now I am just taking my time and trying not to overwhelm myself.  There are time that I think it would be so nice to not be taking classes and being about to spend that time and money with my kids and housework but I know this is the best thing for me in the long run and it has been enjoyable for the most part as well.
I have also started reading a book this week that a friend gave me for my birthday.  It is called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I am halfway through and would strongly recommend it for anyone! 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment