Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tulip Time 2014

my 3 Dutch kiddos in front of the house

Nile & Mrs Fessler

the boys riding with Grandpa in the Friday afternoon parade

Aubrey patiently waiting for the Ice Cream Truck!

the kids with some pretty tulips

dressed up with the big wooden shoes or klompen

Hayden & Mrs Jones

Aubrey loved the parades!

Nile and Brooke, Mrs Fessler's daughter

Aubrey liked the tea party float too

Hayden riding the Cadet float in the Saturday night parade

my big Cadet boy!
The weather for Tulip Time this year started a little wet and chilly on Thursday but Friday was beautiful and Saturday was great too.  The boys were busy with marching with their classes and riding with my dad in a Pella Motors truck to pull a float.  Hayden also decided to ride the Cadet float and had a make up baseball game Thursday night.  It was a busy weekend but I LOVE Tulip Time so it was great for me!  Aubrey loved watching all of the parades and we even found a few treasures in the Dutch Markets.  For me I think all of the extra walking cancelled out the extra eating so that was great too! 

Next week is super crazy for us.  Monday night Aubrey has her last dance class and Hayden has a baseball game in Fremont.  Tuesday night Nile has a game in Eddyville.  Wednesday night Hayden has a game in Pella.  Thursday night Nile has a game in Pella.  Friday night Aubrey has dance pictures and Friday is also the last day for my spring semester classes.  We are also babysitting Tuesday - Friday this week.  Saturday Aubrey has her dance recital rehearsal in the morning and her recital in the afternoon.  It is going to be busy but I am looking forward to the end of the semester for me and the summer off for classes with just my final Spanish class in the fall.  The boys are counting down the days left for school and Aubrey is looking forward to going to the swimming pool a lot!  

No comments:

Post a Comment