Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 3

Well it would seem that we have been in our new house for three weeks already!  The beginning adjustment was a little more difficult that I expected and I was pretty stressed at some points but that has subsided and we are enjoying our new home.  All of our pictures have been hung on the walls and it is really looking like home.
Yesterday we hosted our monthly coffee time with the Rozendaal side.  It was fun to be able to have several of my aunts and uncles come over to see the new house and enjoy coffee time together.  Our old house was much to small to host at so this was our first time and it was lots of fun.  And a bonus - Aubrey got to have her nap as usual and we weren't late to the party! :-)
The only boxes we have left are my Willow Tree collection because the curio I had them in has a piece of broken glass that we are looking into getting replaced.
The boys and I even went through the playroom Saturday night and I was able to get them to part with some toys for our upcoming garage sale.
It is amazing how many toys they can accumulate!  I need to be better about remembering this when we are shopping and I am tempted to buy them something.
This week is Tulip Time in Pella.  Unfortunately due to the warm winter there aren't many tulips around but I have been told we will have tulips for Tulip Time.  Hayden is looking forward to marching with the school kids on Thursday and Saturday afternoon in the parades and Nile and Aubrey will be decked out in their Dutch costumes as well.  Wednesday night we will walk in the Klompen Classic 5K.  Hayden said he wants to walk it to so we will see how that goes.  Last year it was too cold so we didn't take Aubrey with us in the stroller.  Instead my parents got to walk around downtown with the kiddos and find some yummy Dutch treats.  We are praying for warm weather and no rain for Thursday, Friday and Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment