Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Groupon / Living Social

I have used Groupon and Living Social a little here and there with very good results.  Typically it is for something we would spend money on anyways or something fun we can do for a good price.  We just recently went to the Ramada in DSM with the indoor water park and used a Groupon for our room and breakfast the next morning. 
After talking to a friend last night about a new Groupon that was out I went online this morning to look around.  I ended up getting a $30 certificate for a consignment shop in DSM called Me 'n Mommy To Be.  I also noticed a certificate for $30 for Champps sports bar at Jordan Creek mall.  We have eaten here in the past but it hasn't been for quite a while.  So I thought it would be another good choice to pick that one up also.  Both of these Groupons cost me $15 and they are valued at $30.  Not too shabby!
The I went over to Living Social to see what they had.  I noticed the Disney magazine subscriptions for half price and thought all three kids would love to get some fun mail once every two months.  I grabbed three of these offers and ordered Hayden the Phineas and Ferb magazine, Nile the Cars magazine, and Aubrey the Disney Junior magazine.  She has gotten the Princess one in the past and liked it but she is really into Minne right now so I thought she might like the Disney junior one better. 
Maybe I have too much time on my hands, or maybe I was just in a shopping mood today!  It is too easy to buy them as well.  My account is already linked to my credit card and if I go through shopdiscover.com I get 15% cash back on my Groupons!
Hopefully everyone is happy with my purchases and the kids enjoy their magazines for the next year or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment