Friday, October 24, 2014

Anticipation

I feel like there are a lot of things in my life that I have either been looking forward to or dreading right now.  Since the summer I have been planning on the boys being back to school and Aubrey working on home school preschool.  Things have been going well for all but I do fear that Aubrey will be ill prepared for Kindergarten next fall.  I realize that preschool is mostly about socializing so we have Aubrey in several other activites including dance class, church groups, and story hour.  The boys are both doing well in their new grades and Hayden, as expected, has had no trouble adjusting to his new school. 
I took the summer semester off of school for myself and it was nice to not think about homework or classes during that time.  I have been fast forwarding to December in my mind a lot and thinking about the joy of graduation!  My final class is now half done and things are going ok.  Several items and tests have not been graded yet so I am unsure of how accurate my midterm grade of A is.  My goal was just to complete this class and graduate but now I realize that I need to give this class some more effort.  I am working to do this even though it is a class I would not have chosen to take on my own.  I realize that knowing a second language can be very beneficial and I do not know what the future holds so I may use it at some point, if I manage to remember any of it! 
We also have a big trip coming up after Thanksgiving.  We are going back to Orlando, this time with my in-laws.  I am a little nervous about the flight, I will be fine and hope my kids will do well again.  It will be the first time flying for my father in-law and niece and nephew.  I am also a little nervous about someone driving a 15 passenger van around while we are there.  I am super excited to go back to Disney and Sea World again and go to Legoland for the first time.  I know we are going to have a great time together and make lots of memories.  It will be a busy week but totally worth it.  The count-down is on at our house - 5 weeks and 2 days or 37 days!!
October has flown by, along with Hayden's 10th birthday.  I struggle at a mom with my children growing up so quickly.  I am so glad they are all healthy and growing but it is hard to watch sometimes.  It seems like we just brought Aubrey home from the hospital and now she is 4 1/2!  I am dreading her heading off to school full time next fall and the boys are just getting so big!  The fact that we have no more babies, and wont be, is set in and makes me a little sad at times. 
Many people ask me what I plan to do with my degree once I graduate and I honestly have no idea!  Earning my bachelors degree has been a goal of mine for a while and I had already put so much work into it that it just made sense to me to finish it while I was off work.  God has graciously provided for us during this time and I will graduate with no student loan debt.  The idea of looking for a job and working again is very stressful and I haven't even started anything!  I struggle with whether or not I should look for more families to provide daycare for or if I should reenter the workforce in another way.  I am sure that God will provide what he knows is best for me and our family when the time comes. 
I have been working on myself a lot this year and am happy to share that I have lost 25 pounds and kept if off over the summer.  I would like to lose 5-10 more pounds but want to make sure I do it the right way.  I have been with Advocare this year and also started Zumba on our xBox 360.  I am also in a Bible study group at church called Fit for Life.  We exercise and then do a Bible study, right now we are going through One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  It is am amazing journey and I highly recommend it to all.  I have started my gratitude list and am more aware of all the gifts around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment