Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pintrest recipes

Last night I made the second new recipe from pintrest for the week.  The first was sloppy joe tator tot casserole that we had Sunday for lunch after church.  This was yummy although next time I think I will use more than a pound of hamburger and leave out the cream soup.  The second was chicken alfredo pizza.  I used my no fail pizza crust recipe and then followed the directions from this blog.  To save time I used canned chicken which I would not do next time.  Would have been much better with chopped up chicken breast pieces but live and learn I guess.  It was still very good and Hayden loved it so I am sure the leftovers we have wont last long.  I am coming up on a year of monthly meal planning for our family.  While I don't like the actual time of sitting down and picking meals for the month I do love having it done and using it the rest of the month.  Most of our recipes at this point are either ones I made before or ones I have found on pintrest.  It seems like we are eating less red meat and more chicken and I try to throw in meatless meals occasionally although Jeremy is not a big fan of those!  We do eat a lot of pasta so I have been getting whole wheat to add a little more healthiness to it and we have salads as sides a lot in the summer.  All in all it has been great and I will certainly be continuing with this process for our meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment